5.13.2010

Berry-Banana Smoothie


Fruit smoothies are a great way to enjoy a quick, refreshing, healthy snack. And if you're like me, you can drink them for breakfast! I have this recipe for a really simple, yummy berry and banana smoothie. I've found that banana stands out A LOT in smoothies. No matter what other fruits or yogurts I put in the banana flavor is still very strong. Because of this I decided to cut the banana in half, the flavor was still there, just not as prominent. I used mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, black berries) in this smoothie, but you could use any berry that suites your taste. Using frozen berries makes for a nice cold drink, and eliminates the need of ice. If you do decide to go with fresh fruit, just add a half a cup of ice to be sure that your smoothie is ready to be enjoyed cold. :)


-Jess




Berry-Banana Smoothie
Recipe from Prevention Magazine
Printable Recipe
Makes 1 serving

Ingredients-
Half of 1 banana, cut into chunks
1/2 C fat-free milk
1/4 C frozen mixed berries or blueberries
1/4 C frozen strawberries 
1 tsp peanut butter
1/2 tsp honey

Directions-
Place all ingredients in blender. Process until well combined and smooth. Enjoy immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some sugar!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...