8.24.2010

Blueberry Zucchini Banana Bread


Zucchini bread is one of my favorites. I saw this very colorful Blueberry Zucchini Bread on Closet Cooking. I loved the idea of combining zucchini and blueberries. I decided to go with my favorite recipe for zucchini bread, I also had some very ripe bananas that I didn't want to just throw out, so I just tossed them into the mixture creating a blueberry zucchini banana bread.


If you like zucchini bread, you're sure to love this one. This bread has the same great moistness that you'd expect from both zucchini and banana bread. The zucchini flavor is awesome! And, the sweet blueberries really add something special. The only thing I didn't like was that the banana was non existent. It couldn't be tasted at all! Maybe next time I'll use a little more...? I'll definitely experiment with this bread until I can get the right amount of flavor from both the zucchini and banana. :)




Blueberry Zucchini Banana Bread-
(Adapted from All Recipes)

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup very ripe banana, mashed
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups zucchini, grated
2 cups blueberries

Lightly grease the bottom of two 8 x 4-inch bread pans. Preheat oven to 325°F.

Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.

In a large mixing bowl beat together eggs, vanilla, brown and white sugars, and banana. Add dry mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini until well combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pans. Gently drop some extra blueberries on top of the batter, if desired.

Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and cool completely.
 
 
Tips:
  
   * Grease only the BOTTOM of your bread pan. This will keep the bread from forming a hard, dry edge (lip) during baking.
   * Toss the blueberries in flour before adding to the batter to keep them from sinking.
   * Do NOT squeeze or drain the water out of the zucchini. All that water is what gives zucchini bread its wonderful moistness.
 
Enjoy! :)

10 comments:

  1. I have yet to make something sweet using zucchini, maybe this will be the first. It looks scrumptious! Thanks for the info. on the lack of banana flavour. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is something new to me. Those look very good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking bread. I bet the combination of blueberries and zucchini made for a wonderful moist delicious bread. I sure would love a piece of that with my morning coffee :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My three favorite breads in one... this sounds amazing. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great!! Looks so moist!! I didn't think I liked zucchini bread until my friend gave me some at school. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really interesting and quite intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks awesome! I made chocolate zucchini bread once and it was surprisingly good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so delicious and moist. Yum! Thanks for the tips about the berries. I had heard that somewhere before, but had forgotten it. I'll try that next time I'm cooking with berries.

    jessyburke88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...