9.09.2010

Sweet Honey Cornbread


My favorite recipe for cornbread.
This Sweet Honey Cornbread is really yummy. The texture is nice and moist, not overly dry like some others, and it has the perfect sweetness. The Man took a bite and asked 'Why haven't you made this before?!'. Even my 9 year old sister kept coming back for more. Actually, I'm damn sure she ate more cornbread than the chili that I served it with.
I will definitely never have a need for another cornbread recipe. :)





Sweet Honey Cornbread-
(Sorry, I couldn't find the source!)

1½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup yellow cornmeal
2/3 cup white sugar
½ tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. baking powder
2 eggs
1¼ cups milk
2 Tbsp. honey
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350°F, and lightly grease a 8-inch square pan.

In a bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder.

Into a seperate bowl add eggs, milk, honey, melted butter, and oil; mix well. Stir in flour mixture; mixing well. Pour into prepared pan, and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is a nice golden brown and the center is set.

Tips:
   *To easily measure honey, first lightly grease your measuring spoon with oil. This will allow the honey to slip right out of the spoon.
   *If you like, you can also make these as muffins. Just grease a muffin pan, or use muffin liners, and cut the baking time by 10 minutes.

Enjoy! :)

12 comments:

  1. This looks like a dream, moist and delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this recipe more than the recipe I used! I like how it uses oil and more of it than the one I used. It must be why your cornbread looks sooo moist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fantastic cornbread with the perfect balance of sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, just gorgeous!
    I hate it when I loose recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds amazing. I love honey in anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cornbread recipe. It really sounds amazing. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best cornbread ever!... My family loved it... Thanks for sharing this recipe... Its now our family favorite!..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made this last night and it was amazing! Thank you for such a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My whole family LOVED this! I usually make a homemade cornbread but this was just much lighter, less dense, and a perfect sweet. No need to add butter or extra honey. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very good, its a keeper

    ReplyDelete
  11. why is it that no one makes, the recipe but comments on the pics..... yes it looks great but how does it taste?

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...