7.07.2010

Yummy Peach Cobbler Ice Cream

First things first.
You can now Like Sugar High on Facebook! Just look to my sidebar for the Facebook widget, or click!, to Like Sugar High. Lots of updates, and TONS of delicious pictures!


Now, lets get back to celebrating National Ice Cream Month!!



Peach Cobbler... ICE CREAM

This just may be my new favorite ice cream flavor.
It doesn't just taste like peaches... It really tastes like Peach Cobbler! You can taste the peaches, the cobbler syrup, the crust... everything!


It starts out with a great, super easy, no-cook peach ice cream recipe from Lion House (those folks really know what they're doin'!). I made this already great recipe even better by using the peaches straight out of my Rum Spiked Peach Cobbler. Using the cobbler peaches instead of plain peaches really gave the ice cream a fantastic flavor. I also added about 6 pureed peach skins (saved from the peaches in the cobbler) to give it an extra boost of peachy-ness. I loved the orange and red speckles that this gave the ice cream.

It doesn't stop there!!
To top off the cobbler part of this ice cream I added big chunks of cobbler crust, also taken straight from my cobbler recipe. The chunks are my favorite part of this ice cream. And, the great part is, they don't freeze! Adding baked goods to ice cream does not alter the texture very much at all. You're biting into delightfully soft pieces of crust! DELICIOUS!! :)




Yummy Peach Cobbler Ice Cream-
Adapted from Lion House Christmas
Printable Recipe
Makes 2 Quarts


Ingredients-
5 large ripe peaches*
Juice of 1 lemon, about 3-4 Tbsp.
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
7 oz. sweetened condensed milk
2 cups whole milk
Cobbler crust**, frozen for 1 hour and broken into pieces

Directions-
Puree peaches in a blender, or food processor, until smooth. Combine peaches, lemon juice, and sugar in a large bowl and refrigerate 2 hours.

Whip cream; fold into peach mixture along with sweetened condensed milk and whole milk. Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Gently fold in crust pieces. Store in the freezer in an airtight container.

See? Easy Peasy!

* Any peaches will do, you may peel them if you like or keep the peel to add extra peach flavor. Just puree the skins along with the peaches.
To make sure that your ice cream actually tastes like peach cobbler I would suggest using peaches out of a cobbler like I did! Not every one has a peach cobbler on hand, so you can go to my cobbler recipe, follow the directions for cooking peaches in rum-butter adding a little cinnamon. Puree the peaches along with the sauce from the pan.

** To make the crust chunks, follow the directions for the crust, and bake in a small baking dish for about 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. This looks incredible! And yet, another reason why I need to find peaches and of course an excuse to bake your rum spiked peach cobbler. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This peach cobbler sounds amazing! Over here we don't really make cobblers as we have a tradition of making crumbles... I think the UK are definetly missing out- especially with your ice cream recipe! Thanks for visiting my blog- I look forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...