6.25.2010

Cone O' Joe {Coffee & Twix Ice Cream}


I adore coffee.
Adore.
I don't drink it as much during the summer, though. It's very hot outside, and coffee is.. well, hot! I don't need a double dose of heat right now. No sir.
Since it's ice cream season I thought why drink hot coffee when I can cool down with a nice cone o' joe?

I'm not really fond of eating just plain ol' ice cream. I like to have some texture. Like, candy.
I came across this new flavor of Twix. Twix... JAVA. It has a chocolate cookie with coffee flavored caramel. Oh my goodness. I was literally jumping up and down with excitement when I saw it! My favorite candy bar with a flavor I can't get enough of. These things are seriously GOOD! This was the candy I wanted to complement my coffee ice cream.


This ice cream turned out soooo good. It has a great coffee flavor and isn't overly sweet. YUM YUM
The Twix Java is very yummy in it, if you can get over the fact that the frozen caramel sticks to your teeth. My favorite way to eat ice cream? Soft serve - right out of the machine!



I'm wondering if I can permanently give up coffee in the morning, and just wake up to a bowl of ice cream instead...? :)

-Jess


Coffee & Twix Ice Cream-
Printable Recipe

Ingredients-
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coffee beans - I used caramel flavored beans
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
1 package of Twix Java, chopped

Directions-
In a small saucepan combine cream, milk, sugar, coffee beans and vanilla. Cook slowly over medium-low heat until it barely starts to boil. Reduce heat.

Temper the eggs by slowly adding a small amount of cream mixture to them, beating well. Add egg mixture to the saucepan. Cook over low heat until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat. Strain to remove coffee beans and any lumps that may have formed during cooking. Chill mixture in the fridge until cool.

Start freezing according to your ice cream machine's directions. About halfway through the freezing add the chopped twix. Store in the freezer in an airtight container.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I love coffee ice cream and this looks seriously good! Where did you find the Twix? I have never seen the Java kind before and twix is one of my weaknesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know I love coffee ice cream but don't like ice coffee.....that ice cream looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susi..
    I first heard of it on the internet and after months of searching I finally found it in a Wal Mart. Wal Mart is the only store I've seen that carries it, but only some locations. I've also seen it in very few gas stations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Java Twix?? I need to find some! This ice cream sounds amazing, especially since I like mine with texture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jessica, I will look for it at Walmart :o)

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...