6.23.2010

Lemon-Butter Red Potatoes


Potatoes are a great veggie to eat because you can cook and eat them in so many different ways, and they're very filling. I eat a lot of potatoes. A. LOT. I've always loved them. (I'm especially fond of the red ones!)

Wanna hear a story?
Once upon a time, when I was young(er), I snuck food from behind mom's back when she was cooking. No, I wasn't sneaking cookie dough, I was sneaking potatoes.


RAW potatoes.
Mom would have them sliced or diced, sitting to the side waiting to be cooked, and I just couldn't help grabbing a few pieces to crunch on. I LOVED it. And I still do. Raw taters are good! Please, don't judge me!
The End.


Luckily for you, these potatoes aren't raw. They're boiled til they are crisp-tender and smothered with a delicious lemony sauce. DELICIOUS!
This is my new favorite potato recipe. I eat them for a meal just by themselves with nothing else. There's never any left over.
YUMMY! :)


-Jess


Lemon-Butter Red Potatoes-
Recipe from Taste of Home
Printable Recipe
Yields 4 servings

Ingredients-
5 red potatoes, cut into 1½-inch chunks
1/3 cup butter, cubed
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon zest
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced


Directions-
Place potato chunks in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or just until tender.

Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in lemon juice, zest, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Drain potatoes and place in a serving bowl. Pour butter mixture over potatoes; toss gently to coat*. Sprinkle with parsley.

*After I've completely coated all potatoes, I drain out the remaining butter. I found if you let the potatoes sit in it they become overly sour from the lemon.


Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I love potatoes and had a lot of them growing up. Can't say though, that I ever developed a taste for them raw ;o)
    That recipe sounds delicious, I'm trying this out soon. One of our favorite Greek restaurants serves lemon potatoes and these look similar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like potatoes too. First time I've seen lemon potatoes though, it looks very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good! I love red potatoes...and surprisingly enough, my dad always snacks on raw potatoes when my mom is slicing them. I didn't think anyone else out there liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my potoatoes too. Sometimes, I think I am going to turn into a potato!

    I love the simplicity of this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...