6.01.2010

Cookies & Cream Rice Krispie Treats


I love cookies & cream. I'm always on the look out for a new way to use this flavor. On a recent cookie-and-cream search I came across this recipe on Annie's Eats and I loved the idea! Rice Krispie treats are so yummy, and I thought adding cookies was a great way to change up this old favorite treat.

Rice Krispie treats are the perfect dessert to make with kids because they require little work and are done super fast! Because of this I thought it would be a great time to make something with my sister. She's nine years old and pretty eager to learn how to bake. Plus the idea of seeing herself on the internet was really cool to her. :)
My 2 younger sisters!

Cookies & Cream Rice Krispie Treats were pretty good. I LOVED the texture of cookie chunks, it's a great contrast to the chewier cereal part of the treat. I'm not a huge fan of chocolate, though, and would probably make these again without mixing it in. I would also not use the white chocolate again. I just didn't think it gave them the 'cream' they needed, which makes me sad cause I adore white chocolate. Perhaps a vanilla buttercream frosting would be better? Nonetheless, they were still very good, very sweet treats that I would make again and again!








Cookies & Cream Rice Krispie Treats-
Recipe from Cast Sugar
Printable Recipe

Ingredients-
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped & melted
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
10 oz. marshmallows
1 tsp. vanilla extract
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
20 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
4-6 oz. white chocolate, melted
Oreos for topping, crushed or finely chopped


Directions-
Grease a 9×13-inch pan.

Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted and well combined. Turn off heat and stir in the melted chocolate and the vanilla extract.

Gently stir in the Rice Krispies and chopped Oreos, and mix to coat evenly. Press the mixture into the prepared pan. Pour the melted white chocolate over the Rice Krispie mix, and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining oreos over the chocolate, covering completely. Allow to sit until cool and topping is set. Cut into squares and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Golly, what a fabulous way to gussy up the ol' Rice Krispie Treat. I'm a huge fan! :)

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...